262.827.1000
shellac-nails

The Wonderful World of Shellac

Sitting at Carenza, I impatiently look out the window like a sad puppy at the UPS truck in the parking lot. I could hardly wait for the delivery to get inside with our new Shellac nail polishes. I signed away for the packages, tore in to them and BEGGED Nila (our nail technician) to experiment on me. Poor Nila examines my chipped, peeling, stained with hair color hands muttering “I don’t know what I can do with this…” My heart sinks as I realize my manicured hands will stay looking nice for a day, and then the next morning I’ll wake up and I SWEAR its as if I’d sleep-weeded my garden. I told myself this time would be different. What is Shellac? It’s a nail polish. Paints on like a traditional polish, and it wears like a gel.  It was introduced first by “Creative Nail Design” and they’ve dubbed it the “hybrid” nail polish. There is no chipping or dulling, and it wears flawlessly for 14 days.

After getting my manicure, I can say Shellac most definitely held up to its promises! The only difference between receiving a traditional manicure and the Shellac is that is cures beneath a UV light after every coat, and is immediately dry. The entire wear time it kept a mirrored finish, and never chipped. It started to separate from my natural nail about 12 days after the manicure, due to the fact that my hands are constantly in water. I believe anyone that isn’t washing their hands 20+ times a day will get the full 14 day wear out of them. The process to take off the Shellac takes only a few minutes, and your nails are in better condition than before the manicure. All the chipping and peeling I had on my natural nail had grown out wonderfully, which had been a problem for years. I would suggest going to a nail technician that knows what they’re doing, because the Shellac tends to shrink up while it cures under the UV light, leading to a grown out look at the base of your nail. I give this new trend a definite thumbs up, and yes we offer it at Carenza! Could this be where the future of all manicures and pedicures are heading?

10 Responses to The Wonderful World of Shellac

1. Love your blog, in fact arrived by checking yahoo and google for a comparable issue to this post. Which means this might be a late post nevertheless keep up the great work.
    My website is about [url=http://goodstockstoinvestin.blogspot.com]Stock investment[/url]

2. Greeeeeeeeat Blog Love the Infomation you have provided me .

3. matte board says:

I leave a response each time I like a post on a blog or I have something to add to the conversation. Usually it is caused by the passion displayed in the article I read. And on this post The Wonderful World of Shellac Carenza: Fashion Life Carenza: Fashion Life. I was excited enough to drop a comment :-) I actually do have some questions for you if you don’t mind. Could it be just me or does it look like a few of these responses look like they are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I’d like to follow you. Would you list every one of your community pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

• Lynee says:

Hello! I write for a local magazine called Milwaukee Magazine and the address is http://www.insidemilwaukee.com/blog/TheFashionista My twitter feed is @LyneeRuiz Thank you for your wonderful comment!!

• Rita says:

Just yesterday I was klooing at polish on amazon (bc its so much cheaper than the store!) and i came across the shellac but it totally intimidated me!!!!! but NOW….i think i need to try it! (as i type this with 3 chipped nails making me shudder everytime i look at them). do you do the solar oil at the end?

• Lynee says:

Hello! If you are just using the solar oil for your cuticles yes, however there is no need to use it to help dry…as soon as you are done under the UV lamp you could climb a tree and still have perfect nails!

• Elva says:

I had these done today! they look fabulous and i will fetinidley be getting more. The only down side to my nail job was that the gel on my thumbs ran to one side when i put my hand under the UV lamp which made my nail have a big lump on the sides. Other then that, the rest of my fingers look absolutely awesome!

• Sergey says:

The first time I tried shellac, sevarel nails chipped within the first week. I was pretty upset about it. Looking back, I think it had to do with insufficient drying time. I gave it another chance and had much better results colorful shine for 2.5 weeks!I wouldn’t spend the money every week, but it is perfect before a special event or vacation!I’m so excited there are new colors! I didn’t like being so limited before.

• Lynee says:

So true! A few times I had problems with the shellac coming off, but it was definitely they way it was applied. As soon as we got the hang of it I didn’t worry about my nails for two weeks -even being a hairstylist and always having my hands in water!